A A A

History

About the Centre

The Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre was officially opened on September 22, 1985 as the Holocaust Centre of Toronto and grew out of the commemorative activities of the Holocaust Remembrance Committee of the Toronto Jewish Congress, a forerunner to the present UJA Federation of Greater Toronto (UJA Federation). The Centre is an entity of UJA Federation and receives an annual allocation from the Federation. We are also supported through contributions from individuals, corporations, government and public and private foundations.

The Centre comprises about 2200 square feet, of which about 1600 square feet includes a museum and small film theatre/auditorium, accommodating 50 persons. An additional 600 square feet houses the Centre’s offices and meeting space. The Centre also includes the Frank and Anita Ekstein Holocaust Resource Collection which occupies about 750 square feet and a classroom accommodating 50 persons for the New Dimensions in Testimony exhibit, both located in the library across the hall from the Centre.